Services and inclusions
Services and inclusions for long stay resident accommodation packages in the AIS Athletes Village.
Long term residents will be provided
- Accommodation in blocks of 12 single rooms each with shared bathroom facilities
- Rooms are supplied with king single bed, hotel quality mattress, study desk, bookshelf, lamp, wardrobe, sink with mirror, wall mounted fan, oil heater, small fridge and built-in wardrobe
- Two meals per day in the AIS Dining Hall
- Free laundry facilities in each block. Free access to guest laundry
- Free internet access (within Australian Sports Commission firewall. If there is a need for large downloads or faster internet speeds, we recommend residents to setup their own access with a provider of their choice)
- Full servicing of rooms and fresh linen provided once a week.
- Linen includes two bed sheets, pillow and case, doona, blanket and towel
- Daily servicing of bathrooms, common room, common areas
- Each block includes a common room with digital TV, reverse cycle air-conditioning, microwave, hot water jug, toaster, lounges (no other cooking facilities are permitted to be brought into the Residences)
- Access to a fully functional centralised self-service kitchen with individual lockable dry food storage is available
- Free parking
- Secure access to accommodation block and rooms
- Overnight security staff servicing the AIS Bruce campus
- Maintenance of all facilities provided
- No departure cleaning or utilities levies are charged. Additional cleaning charges may apply if room is not left in a reasonably clean and tidy condition and non-routine cleaning is required on final departure
Some of the main requirements of the Residences
- No alcohol, smoking or illicit drugs are permitted within the residences
- Occupancy Agreement Contract
- Agreement to Residences Stay Guidelines as part of the Occupancy Agreement
- Long term residents must remain officially engaged with the institution on a full time basis during the period of stay. Details are provided in the Occupancy Agreement
- Pastoral care or welfare services is not provided to university students
- Accommodation is provided in the AIS Athletes Village. Accommodation is not provided in the Residence of Champions.
- Access to the AIS Aquatic and Fitness Centre does not require membership from residents and residents can simply access this at a minimal fee per visit by showing their residential access card.
- Some casual work may be available on site. Once settled into accommodation, please enquire with the Assistant Director, Residences.