- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 sheet frozen reduced-fat puff pastry, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 red capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 vegetarian sausages, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated low-fat cheese
- 4 large or 6 small bread rolls
- tossed salad, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Lightly spray a 20cm pie dish with oil and line with pastry (stretch pastry up edge of dish).
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl, then add broccoli, capsicum, tomato and onion.
- Pour mixture into pie dish and arrange mushrooms and vegetarian sausage, if desired, over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until egg mixture has set.
- Serve with bread rolls and a tossed salad.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size