- 1 eggplant, sliced
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 6 button mushrooms, diced
- 440 g can diced tomatoes
- 150 g tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 375 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 150 ml CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 5 potatoes, sliced and par-cooked (preferably steamed)
- ¼ cup grated low-fat cheese
- ¼ cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 4 large or 6 small bread rolls
- green salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grill or barbecue plate to medium-high heat.
- Lightly spray eggplant with oil and grill or barbecue, turning once, for 3-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Set aside.
- Spray a frypan with oil and cook onion, garlic and capsicum over medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, tomato paste, soy sauce and herbs, season with salt and pepper, then simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Combine ricotta cheese and milk in a bowl.
- Cover the base of a lasagne dish with a layer of potato slices, followed by a layer of eggplant, then a layer of vegetable mix.
- Repeat, then top with ricotta cheese mix.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese, then evenly place sun-dried tomatoes on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with bread rolls and salad.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size