Skip to content
Return to top
Spicy lamb wraps
Preparation time10 minutes + 10 minutes marinating
Cooking time10 minutes
- 500 g trim lamb loin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- olive or canola oil spray
- 4 rounds Lebanese bread
- 100 g low-fat hummus
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 200 g tabouli (purchase from deli or see below)
- 130 g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup MAGGI Chilli Sauce
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup burghul
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup chopped mint
- 2 cups chopped parsley
- ¼ cup lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Place lamb, garlic, spices, honey and juice in a nonmetallic bowl, toss to coat lamb, then marinate 10 minutes.
- Spray a nonstick frying pan with oil and heat.
- Cook lamb in 2 batches over high heat until browned and tender.
- Remove from pan.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Place bread on a flat surface.
- Divide hummus between bread and spread evenly to cover the centre of the bread.
- Top with lettuce, tabouli, corn and tomato.
- Arrange lamb along centre, top with onion and roll up firmly to enclose.
- Place wrap in a heated sandwich press and cook for 3-5 minutes or until bread is crisp.
- Or, grill lightly on both sides.
- Cut in half and drizzle with chilli sauce.
- Serve with salad.
- Soak burghul in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess water.
- Combine burghul with all other ingredients.
- Mix well.
|ANALYSIS per serve|
|Energy kJ (Cal)|
|Iron, Zinc|| |