- Olive or canola oil spray
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 red onion, seeded
- 1 each red and green capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 1 1/3-2 cups short-grain rice
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 200 g green beans, chopped
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 3-4 cups MAGGI Real Chicken Stock
- ½ tsp saffron threads
- 400 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Spray a large non-stick frypan or paella pan with oil and cook over medium heat until browned.
- Add garlic, onion and capsicums and cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add rice, tomatoes, beans and paprika and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and saffron, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, without stirring for 15 minutes.
- Shake pan a couple of times during cooking to stop rice from sticking.
- Stir in chickpeas and peas and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size