Skip to content
Return to top
Pumpkin & cinnamon muffins
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbs margarine, melted
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup prune puree
- 3 tbs chopped walnuts
- 2 tbs extra brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper muffin cases.
- Sift flour into a bowl with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir in sugar and make a well in the centre.
- In a small bowl use a fork to whisk together margarine, milk, egg, mashed pumpkin and prune puree, then add to flour mixture.
- Stir gently until mixture is just combined.
- Spoon mixture into cases.
- Combine the chopped walnuts and extra brown sugar and sprinkle on top of muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are well risen and spring back to the touch.
- Leave in pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
| Energy (kJ) || |
| Protein (g) || |
| Fat (g) || |
| Carbohydrate (g) || |