Skip to content
Return to top
Pumpkin, chickpea & couscous salad
48 minutes + 10 minutes standing time
- 800g butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 red capsicums, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 3cm cubes
- oil for cooking
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 400g tin chickpea, rinsed and drained
- 150g Kalamata olives
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cups couscous, prepared
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Bake pumpkin for 25 mins or until tender. Add capsicum and eggplant and roast for 20 minutes or until vegetables are golden and tender.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stock frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, cumin and ground coriander and cook for 2 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add vegetables and chickpeas and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Add olives, coriander, lemon juice and zest and toss gently with couscous.
|ANALYSIS per serve||4|
|Energy kJ (Cal)||1837|
|Saturated fat (g)||1|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Active Family" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
no, Soups and Salads, survival-for-the-active-family
Soups and Salads