- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 40 g butter, melted
- ½ cup skim milk
- grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 1 tbs custard powder
- icing sugar, to serve
- PETERS Light & Creamy Ice-cream or NESTLÉ All Natural 99% Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Combine flour and ¼ cup of the caster sugar in a bowl.
- Add egg, butter, milk and lemon rind and beat to combine.
- Pour into a 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish.
- Combine cornflour, custard powder and the remaining ½ cup of caster sugar and sprinkle over top of pudding.
- Combine lemon juice with 1½ cups boiling water an pour over pudding.
- Bake pudding for 30-40 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar and serve with ice-cream or yoghurt, if desired.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size