- 800g watermelon, peeled and sliced
- 2 mangoes, sliced
- 2 pears, sliced
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 250g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 150g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped, or 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp rosewater essence
- 50g pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- 400g PETERS FARM Natural No Fat Set Yogurt, to serve (optional)
- Layer fruits in a large serving bowl.
- Place vanilla bean/essence, sugar, lemon zest, rosewater essence and 1 1/2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Allow to cool, strain.
- Pour syrup over fruits and sprinkle with pistachios.
- Serve with yogurt, if desired.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size