Skip to content
Return to top
Lamb & noodle salad
10 minutes + 10 minutes standing time
- oil for cooking
- 300g trim lamb fillet
- 450g fresh thin hokkien noodles
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 150g green beans, cut diagonally into 4cm lengths
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large carrot, halved lengthways, finely sliced diagonally
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal, leaves reserved
- 115g baby corn, drained, spears halved lengthways
- parsley leaves, to serve
- ¾ CARNATION Light & Creamy Coconut Flavoured Evaporated Milk
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp MAGGI Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small non-stick saucepan and stir over low heat until combined and just warmed through. Be sure not to let it boil as the mixture will separate. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium non-tick frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Add lamb and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil, set aside for 5 minutes, then cut into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water.
- Gently separate the strands using a fork and stand for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Place beans in a small heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water, stand for 1 minute.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Arrange noodles, vegetables and lamb on serving plates and drizzle with dressing.
- Top with parsley and reserved celery tops if desired.
|ANALYSIS per serve||4|
|Energy kJ (Cal)||1875|
|Saturated fat (g)||7|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Active Family" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
no, Soups and Salads, survival-for-the-active-family
Soups and Salads