- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 leek (white part only), sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 200g chopped ham
- 1 1/2-2 cups arborio rice
- 875ml-1 litre MAGGI Real Chicken Stock
- 200-375ml CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with oil and cook leek, garlic, celery and ham over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until leek is soft.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until rice is coated.
- Add stock and milk and bring to the boil.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the rice is soft.
- Add zucchini and peas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir through parsley, cheese and pepper.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size