Skip to content
Return to top
Gado Gado with noodles
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 185 mL (¾ cup) CARNATION Light and Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 60 g snow peas
- 700 g MAGGI Thin Hokkien Noodles
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 boiled eggs, quartered
- 100 g firm tofu, chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- To make the peanut sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly, then set aside.
- Place the broccoli and carrot in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold running water until cool. Drain well.
- Repeat with the cabbage and snow peas, but only stand them in boiling water for 20 seconds.
- Put the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Gently prise them apart with two forks until the strands separate. Drain well.
- Divide the noodles between serving dishes, topped with the vegetables, bean sprouts, boiled eggs and tofu.
- Drizzle the warm peanut sauce over the top, and sprinkle with spring onions.
|ANALYSIS per serve|
|Energy kJ (Cal)|
|Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron|| |
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Fittest" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
no, Spice, survival-for-the-fittest