- 500g eggplants
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbs olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Bake eggplants for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, peel and discard skins.
- Roughly chop eggplants, place in a food processor with remaining ingredients.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate until required.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size