- 1 tbs seasoned rice vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1/4 cup MAGGI Fish Sauce
- 1-2 tsp minced chilli
- 170g MAGGI 99% Fat Free 2 Minute Noodles
- 200g asparagus, cut into 2cm lengths and blanched
- 12 x 20cm round rice paper sheets
- 100g enoki mushrooms
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded and finely sliced
- 100g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 50g bamboo shoots, rinsed and drained
- 300g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small jug or dish and set aside.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes, until soft (do not add seasoning).
- Drain and then roughly chop.
- Heat asparagus in microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until just tender.
- Fill a large round dish with warm water.
- Place a sheet of rice paper in the water for about 2 minutes or until it softens.
- Gently remove from water and place on a clean tea towel.
- Place a small amount of noodles, asparagus, mushrooms, cucumber, carrot, capsicum, cabbage, bamboo shoots, chicken, mint and chives in the centre of the rice paper.
- Fold the bottom half of the rice paper over the filling completely.
- Repeat with the remaining sheets of rice paper.
- Serve the rolls with the dipping sauce.
Note: This dish is a starter and should be combined with a meal.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size