- 1-1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 500g calamari tubes, cleaned and cut into rings
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 each small red, green and yellow capsicum, deseeded and cut into long, thin strips
3 green shallots, chopped
- 2 tbs chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 finely chopped fresh jalapeño chilli
- Cover couscous with 3 cups boiling water and allow to stand.
- Mix vinegar, garlic and oil in a small bowl.
- Bring 1 cup water to a low boil in a frypan.
- Stir in squid and cook for 2 minutes or until opaque and tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Mix celery, cucumber, capsicums, green shallots, parsley and chilli in a large bowl.
- Gently toss with squid and dressing.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and serve with squid.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size