Skip to content
Return to top
- 500g fettuccine
- 400g rump steak
- 3 rashers lean bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 375ml can CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 2 tsp French mustard
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh flat leaf parsley leaves, to garnish
- green salad, to serve
- Cook pasta according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat. Cook steak for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, cover wit foil and allow to rest.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook bacon and onion for 3 minutes or until lightly golden. Add the carrot, celery, garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually add CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk, mustard, soy sauce and tomato paste.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice steak into strips, add to pan and heat through.
- To serve, ladle beef mixture over pasta, sprinkle with pepper and garnish with parsley. Serve with green salad.
|ANALYSIS per serve || 6|
| Energy kJ (Cal) || 2091|
| Carbohydrate (g) ||69|
| Protein (g) ||35|
| Fat (g) ||8|
| Saturated fat (g) ||3|
| Fibre (g) ||5|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Active Family" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
no, Pasta, survival-for-the-active-family