The AIS is delighted to announce the establishment of the AIS Athlete Advisory Committee.
The purpose of the Committee is to make recommendations to the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) Board on matters of importance to high performance sport, and to help ensure athletes have a voice in shaping the future of high performance sport in Australia.
Members of the Committee will use their experience and insights to:
- provide recommendations to the AIS on current and future national high performance strategies directly impacting athletes;
- contribute to the development and review of athlete-related policies and education material;
- identify and develop solutions to athlete wellbeing challenges or concerns relating to pathways, events, training or education; and
- work with other athlete committees to ensure a collaborative and consistent approach to athlete wellbeing.
Values and Benefits
Athlete Committee members:
- will receive an annual allowance of up to $1500
- meet twice a year, plus other informal engagements
- flexible arrangements designed to fit in an athlete’s busy schedule
- all expenses covered by the AIS
For further information please contact:
Alison Cooke, Consultant, AIS Conduct and Professionalism
0466 606 572